Why JourneyTools collects personal information.
JourneyTools collects personal information because it helps it deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables JourneyTools to give you convenient access to its services. In addition, your personal information helps JourneyTools keep you posted on the latest announcements, software updates, special offers and events that may interest you.
What information JourneyTools collects and how it may use such information.
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help JourneyTools give you better service. For example:
- JourneyTools may request personal information when discussing a service issue with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for the Service or purchasing a service.
- JourneyTools may collect personal information relevant to a support or service issue, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and information about JourneyTools’s services, such as order numbers and dates of purchase.
- JourneyTools may collect information for market research purposes – such as your occupation and where you use your computer – to gain a better understanding of JourneyTools customers and provide more valuable service.
- JourneyTools collects information regarding activities on the Service. This helps JourneyTools determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of the Service are of most interest to them.
- JourneyTools may use personal information to provide services that you have requested as well as for auditing, research and analysis to improve JourneyTools’s services.
When JourneyTools discloses personal information.
JourneyTools does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers. However, to help JourneyTools provide superior service, your personal information may be shared with legal entities associated with JourneyTools who will take steps to safeguard it in accordance with this Policy. There are also times when it may be advantageous for JourneyTools to make certain personal information about you available to companies with which JourneyTools has a strategic relationship or that perform work for JourneyTools to provide products and services to you on JourneyTools’s behalf. These companies may help JourneyTools process information, extend credit, fulfill orders, deliver products, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obliged to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy. In addition, there are times when JourneyTools may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. JourneyTools may also disclose information about you if it determines that, for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
- Commitment to privacy.
To make sure that your personal information is secure, JourneyTools communicates this Policy to JourneyTools employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
- Third party websites.
The Service has links to the sites of other companies. JourneyTools is not responsible for the privacy practices of such companies. JourneyTools encourages you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
- Privacy questions.
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or JourneyTools’s data processing, please contact JourneyTools.
- Updates to this Policy.
JourneyTools may update this Policy from time to time. When the Policy is changed in a material way, a notice will be posted on the Service along with the updated Policy.